Electronic filing of patent applications
Online filing enables you to file patent applications in electronic form. We accept PCT, EP and Swedish national applications, and also EP translations.
The three PCT forms can be used for filing PCT applications to RO/SE, PCT Demand to IPEA/SE, and all kinds of subsequently filed documents.
With the form for Swedish national applications, new national applications can be filed as well as continuation of an international application and divisional or a separate application. It is also possible to electronically file subsequently filed documents in Swedish national applications.
The EP translation form can be used for filing translations of European patent applications, translations of granted European patents, and for subsequently filed documents.
With Online Filing, you can:
- Fill in application forms directly on your computer (with automatic checking of compliance with formal requirements)
- Attach your appendices (description, patent claims(s) etc.) in PDF or XML format
- Sign and file your application in electronic form
- File applications at several authorities (PRV, EPO, WIPO/IB etc.)
To use the service, you need to install a special software utility, which is then used in conjunction with electronic identification. Both the program and the electronic identification are free of charge.
Benefits of online filing:
- Saves time, for example via automatic checking of compliance with formal requirements and an integral address book
- Discounted application fees for both EP and PCT applications
- You receive an instant electronic receipt, with application reference number and date of filing
- The highest level of security is guaranteed.
Exclusions from online filing
- If you believe that your inventions may be of interest to the armed forces, you should if possible file your application on paper.