Låt oss veta vad du tycker

After the name change

PRV makes sure that the Swedish Tax Agency is informed about your name change.

Inform others about the name change

You yourself must contact private institutions, such as banks, insurance companies, electricity companies and telephone companies to let them know that you have changed name. The same applies for any associations or organizations you are linked to.

Renew your identification documents

It is also very important that you renew your identification documents, such as your passport, ID card and driving licence. You can find more information about how to renew your driving licence on the Swedish Transport Agency's website. You can find more information about how to renew your passport on the Swedish Police's website.

More information

The Swedish Transport Agency
The Swedish Police

Skip Navigation Links.

Thinking of getting married?

Make sure you apply in time for a newly formed surname.
Creating a new surname
Processing time

Any questions?

PRV can answer your questions about patents, trademarks, designs, periodicals and personal names.

Contact customer support
+46 8 782 28 00
Contact us

Did the information on this page help you?

Thank you for your answer!

You will not get a response from us through this form. Please tell us what information you are missing on the page and you will help us to improve prv.se The text field below should not be empty. Do you have a question you want answered? "Contact us"

Swedish Patent and Registration Office | prv@prv.se | Phone: +46 8 782 28 00