Låt oss veta vad du tycker

Changing first name

If you want to register the first name of a newborn child, you should turn to the Swedish Tax Agency. Likewise if you want to replace, remove, add to or change the spelling of a first name. If you want to make more changes than that, you should send your application to PRV. In it you should justify why you want to make the changes. If you want to replace all your first names, you should apply to PRV.

Example of a first name change

Susanne Granström has been called Sanna all her life. She now wants to replace the name Susanne with the name Sanna. She only has one first name, so she can only add new names at the Swedish Tax Agency, as you must always keep at least one of your first names. She does not want to be called Sanna Susanne as the names are too similar and chooses instead to turn to PRV to remove the name Susanne. When she is changing her first name, she takes the opportunity to add the name Katarina, after a dear relative.

More information

The Swedish Tax Agency

Skip Navigation Links.

Thinking of getting married?

Make sure you apply in time for a newly formed surname.
Creating a new surname
Processing time

Any questions?

PRV can answer your questions about patents, trademarks, designs, periodicals and personal names.

Contact customer support
+46 8 782 28 00
Contact us

Did the information on this page help you?

Thank you for your answer!

You will not get a response from us through this form. Please tell us what information you are missing on the page and you will help us to improve prv.se The text field below should not be empty. Do you have a question you want answered? "Contact us"

Swedish Patent and Registration Office | prv@prv.se | Phone: +46 8 782 28 00