Before you launch a new trademark on the market, it is important to assess if you are at risk of infringing someone else's existing rights. With the help of a pre-file search, you can get quick answers as to whether someone already has an identical or similar mark, or if there are other potential pitfalls.
Our pre-file searches
It is important that the search suits your needs. For that reason, goods and/or service areas that are of relevance for the search are selected together with you.
The search covers the following:
- All national applications and registrations in the Swedish Trademark Database.
- All international trademark applications and registrations relating to and designating Sweden.
- All EU trademarks, meaning trademarks that have been applied for and registered as Community trademarks and that are in force throughout the EU.
- The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise register (includes information from the companies' register, trade and association records, the branch register, bank and insurance records and the register of European economic interest groups).
- Name and surname registry, religious communities and registered newspaper titles.
- A broad and common Internet check to see if there are any unregistered rights or other circumstances that may be relevant.
- Municipal coats of arms, official designations and heraldic arms.
- An assessment of whether the mark is distinctive or if it contains characteristics that can hinder the mark from being registered.
- An international survey of word marks (not figures/logos) can be done by quotation.
The results are presented in an easy-to-understand report that does not require any prior knowledge of trademarks. You receive information regarding characteristics in other marks that are similar to your trademark, or if we have found any other hindrances. We provide as much information as possible and include any relevant issues or tips in the report.
How long does it take?
You receive the report with comments within seven working days. If you need more urgent answers, you can order an express pre-file search which is delivered within 24 hours (weekdays only).
Delivery is by fax, post or email. In the unlikely event that we do not deliver on time, delivery is free of charge. We reserve the right to decline a request for express delivery.
You receive a fixed price from us before the search is carried out. A pre-file search normally costs 2200 SEK, or is by quotation if we need to examine more than 5000 search results. An additional fee of 4000 SEK is charged for express delivery within 24 hours. All prices are subject to VAT.
We aim to carry out all commissions accurately and thoroughly, but due to the extensive amount of information involved we cannot guarantee that the results are always exhaustive.
PRV InterPat is bound by professional secrecy with regard to every commission, as well as the results. The provisions for what must be kept secret are supported by chapter 31, section 12 of the Public Access to Information and Secrecy Act (2009:400). Documentation is delivered exclusively to the client.
You are most welcome to contact us to discuss your needs.
Telephone: +46 8 782 28 85
Fax: +46 8 783 01 63
- Expertise in all technical areas
- Worldwide patent databases
- Considerable collection of NPL literature
- Search services since 1947
- PCT authority for four decades
- Multi languages skills
- Direct contact with your patent examiner
PRV InterPat has almost 70 years of experience of patent search services within all technical areas. With such a long tradition of serving the industry comes unique experience and understanding – invaluable skills for high quality results.