Borrow an e-book
How can I download and read e-books on my mobile device?
In order to download your first e-book you need to visit our library and log in to the PRV public network and create an account in BiblioteksSök. The network password is found right next to the library computers.
Download the app Ebsco Mobile at Google Play or AppStore and choose Patent- och Registreringsverket as your local library. Log in as a registered user and start downloading e-books. You can do it from home as long as you have an account.
To download an e-book on your own laptop
You will need the following:
- An app - preferably Adobe Digital Editions
- An Adobe ID
- A Web Browser (use Safari for Apple devices)
Note for Apple Device Users: Pop-ups must most likely be allowed in the Safari web browser otherwise the e-book might not show in the Reader app.
General note: Don't use Internet Explorer, it's not compatible with BiblioteksSök
- Go to BiblioteksSök, log in and locate the e-book
- Click on the button "E-bok"
- Select a download duration from the drop-down menu
- If multiple formats are available (PDF or EPUB), select the desired format, indicate that you have a Reader (Adobe Digital Editions) installed and tap the download button
- Select "Full nedladdning"
- Once the e-book downloads, you can find it in your Reader
- You can remove an expired e-book by tapping on the title in Reader and then click delete
Note: You may have to authorize your selected Reader with your Adobe ID before you start downloading your first e-book. Open the Reader menu and enter your Adobe ID and password. You only have to do this once.
Create an Adobe ID
- Create an Adobe ID at the following link:
Create an Adobe ID (external website)
- If you forgot your Adobe ID password, see the following link:
Adobe ID password (external website)