Personal data GDPR
Information regarding the PRV: s library’s processing of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (2018).
What does the processing of personal data mean?
Personal data is information that can be directly or indirectly related to a living person. Encrypted data and various types of electronic identities (for example IP numbers) are personal data that can be linked to an individual.
Every action taken with personal data constitutes processing, regardless of whether it is performed automatically or not.
Examples of processing include collections, registration, organization, structuring, storage, transfer and deletion.
Do you have questions?
If you have any questions concerning GDPR, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Telephone: +46 8 782 26 50
Or PRV's Data Protection Officer:
Telephone: +46 72 59 69 591
Personal data controller:
PRV, Organizational ID number: 202100-2072, is responsible for the library's processing of personal data.
- for those who borrow, visit or use PRV's library services.
EBSCO Discovery Service “BiblioteksSök” (external website)
Koha, library system (external website)
To be able to use the PRV's library for information, searches and orders.
Processes being performed
To be able to:
- Contact PRV:s library
- Book an appointment
- Book renewal
- Search various databases to find materials within our subject areas
- Purchase suggestion
On the premises being in the library:
- Register orders, borrow/loan, returns, demand notices
Catagories of personal data
- Telephone number
- Personal identity number
- Email address
- To fulfil a task of general interest. The processing of personal data is necessary for the PRV library to be able to offer library services.
- To execute loan agreements. The processing of personal data is necessary in order to be able to offer borrowers and visitors access to PRV: s collections, services and to fulfil PRV: s obligations under the loan agreement.
Communication between an individual and PRV's library is a public document and cannot be deleted without a decision.
- The details of orders, loans, returns, demand letters are automatically anonymized when the loan is returned. If the borrower has been inactive for the past 12 months, personal data, stored in the library system's borrower register, will be deleted at year-end.
- If you want to delete personal data before the annual cleaning, email us. Deletion is done when all loans are returned and other transactions in the library system are completed.