As a general rule you are allowed to
- Read and print out individual articles, for private use and in connection with teaching or research.
- Download individual articles, for private use.
- Link to specific material.
You are not allowed to
- Change or plagiarize the work of others.
- Systematically print or download e.g. an entire volume of a journal or an e-book.
- Sell material.
- Enable access to articles via other websites or web services.
Agreements can vary depending on the publisher or supplier
- Some agreements permit the use of articles or book chapters in compilations of course material, other agreements expressly prohibit such use.
- Certain publishers and suppliers now permit material to be downloaded and forwarded to research colleagues outside the seats of learning.
If you are confused or uncertain about your rights take contact with the library.