Certificate of freedom from trusteeship

A responsible editor or a deputy editor may not have a trustee.

Before submitting your application for a certificate of publication, it is important you make sure that the planned responsible editor or the deputy responsible editor does not have a trustee.

In order to be able to approve your application, you must attach a certificate of freedom from trusteeship. The certificate must be no more than three months old and in the original.

Who issues certificates of freedom from trusteeship?

Certificates of freedom from trusteeship are issued by the chief guardians' committee in the municipality where the editor is registered at the time of notification/application.

Please note that a birth certificate issued by the Swedish Tax Agency is not the same as a certificate of freedom from trusteeship.