The owner of a periodical paper is an important player.

Before submitting your application for a certificate of publication, you must decide who is going to be the owner of the periodical paper. It is important to remember that only the owner can make changes to any registered information about the periodical paper.

Who can be an owner?

If you are planning to print and distribute your periodical in Sweden, the owner can be:

  • A Swedish natural or legal entity.
  • A foreign natural person who lives in Sweden and foreign, natural persons who has a citizenship in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA).
  • A foreign legal entity who has been established and resides, has its headquarters or main business within the EEA.

However, if your periodical is going to be printed abroad but mainly distributed in Sweden, the owner can be a natural person or legal entity from a country outside of the EEA.